martes, 10 de marzo de 2015

Renewing my U.S. Passport in Madrid

When I decide to come to Spain, first thing I do back in Puerto Rico was renew my passport...ten years later the time for my first renew (since I'm in Spain) finally come..bad news as you know I live in Galicia and here we don't have any U.S. Embassy or consulate so I have to travel to Madrid...so I decide spent all day in Madrid and make a little tourism...want to see my day in Madrid??


I decide to take the overnight train so I can sleep in the train and be "fresh" for my one day adventure at Madrid.


After "only" 8 hours I was ready to rumble...


But first I had to go to the U.S. Embassy; and there is my advice: if you are going to renew your passport there you should make an appointment through their website, that way you can assure you can be done your business that day, I have to say everything went smooth, I only have to wait like 15 minutes, give to them the form (I already done before at home) and pay the fee.

They send to you the new passport by mail, so after that I was ready for Madrid!

Behind me El oso y el Madroño, meaning "the bear and the strawberry tree"

Tio Pepe sign in Puerta del Sol



This is for my mother...Don Quixote and Sancho Panza...she love them!!


What I have for lunch?? yeahhh KFC...

My last stop was to The Temple of Debod

Is an ancient egyptian temple, was dismantled and rebuilt in Madrid

Did you know this temple was a gift from Egypt to Spain 1968 and is approximately 2200 years old, is like having a bit of Egypt in Madrid



I almost forget to tell you the admission is free!!


Finally after like a month this came in the mail...my new Passport...ready for the next trip!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Agradezco todos los comentarios, solo te pido respeto. Gracias!